Wednesday, April 11, 2018 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM ET
TRB will conduct a webinar that features research from the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP)’s Synthesis 507: Traffic Signal Preemption at Intersections Near Highway-Rail Grade Crossings.
This webinar will highlight current practices of traffic signal preemption deployed at intersections that are adjacent to railway grade crossings in the United States and Canada. Presenters will describe case studies that have used current practices that deal with maintenance, funding, and operations for traffic signal preemption.
Sign up for this On-Demand webinar HERE
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
- Tom Urbanik, Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
- Alison Tanaka, Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
Moderated by: Brian Vercruysse, Illinois Commerce Commission
1. Overview of NCHRP
2. Modern interconnection using multiple railroad outputs
3. Capabilities of modern approaches to traffic signal controller operation during preemption
4. Case studies of modern traffic signal preemption
5. Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions. The Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP) categorizes this webinar activity as relating to health, safety, and welfare including core technical.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify multiple rail outputs: advance, simultaneous, gate-down, and island-occupied
- Understand different ways to operate traffic signals during preemption: immediate simultaneous preemption, immediate advance preemption, addressing the preempt trap, queue management using pre-signals and queue cutters
- Describe current traffic signal preemption practices across the U.S. and Canada
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate. Certificates of Completion will be issued only to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are no longer required to email TRB with your license number to report your attendance. Instead, please use your certificate that TRB provides through RCEP.net as verification of your attendance to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in October 2017. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005. Website: www.RCEP.net.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.